Tuesday 16 April 2013

Spring wardrobe update.

Spring clean


Every season we need to give our wardrobe a little re-vamp and introduce new pieces to bring a little life back to our sorry stash. A new season now in full swing, hello Mr Sunshine, is a little bit of an excuse to take your purses out for a little excursion and not feel guilty about it. ''It's getting bright and sunny, I need shorter sleeves although it's not quite Summer so I need to have a light jacket, too''. Come on ladies, we all do this. - Seriously, I can quite literally talk myself into buying anything- When I was living in Spain Massimo Dutti was dan.ger.ous!

I will be taking myself out for a little shop this coming weekend and I intend to spruce up my wardrobe in more than one way (post coming soon). 

The cream jacket is from Topshop and I desperately want it but alas, it is sold out everywhere I could travel to and online. Boo hoo. However I have consoled myself with focusing my attention on another Topshop jacket, it is pricier but I'm a sucker for monochrome and it is suitable for all year round. 

I have been after a cream dress for ages and haven't found what I'm looking for. A regret of mine will always be not continuing with GCSE Textiles, I got an A and I am forever inventing clothes in my head, wishing I knew how to make them. This simple dress is from Topshop and it would look great with a leather jacket for an evening out or sandals for when it warms up.

The fedora hat, I am making the concious effort to be 'a hat person'. I love the look of them and have seen them styled in so many ways that I want to give it a try too. 

New season, new bag. I haven't got many colourful bags and this Orange bag from River Island is really on trend with the bright colour, they also do it in a teal and a grey, I saw them in store the other day and leant towards the grey but I think in Spring, I should embrace colour. 

I don't wear much denim and have only been a jeans wearer in the last year, crazy I know. This denim dress can be worn in so many ways, dress it down with some white pumps, pair with a leather jacket and black shoes or get your pins out and wear it on the dance floor with a clutch bag and your favourite lipstick. 

A short-sleeved shirt can look chic but comfortable. I would wear it tuck into or loose with high-waisted black pants. I'd also wear this on an evening with a statement necklace. 

I have my shopping list of things I know I'll need this Spring to update my look. What will you be buying to update your look? 

Rachel xo

2 comments:

  1. i want this jacket so bad :( so expensive though! also your blog is lovely, i've followed!

    jessie

    xx

    www.jessiesstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely white dress;)x



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete