Tuesday 14 May 2013

Bake Caramel Cookies



Having finished Uni now and being in the limbo between studies and a job, I have found myself to have a lot more free-time on my hands and what better way to occupy these hands then getting them a little dirty in the kitchen. 

Cookies are always in a winner in my book and I opt to make them a soft bake, so they are definitely a 'cookie' and not a biscuit. 

What you will need to rustle up a (generous) batch of gooey delights;
200g soft butter
300g caster sugar
1 egg
275g self-raising flour (I only had plain flour in so add baking powder to add the rise) 
Oven set to 200
2-3 large bars of Cadbury's caramel chocolate bars 
a splash of milk


I combined the butter, sugar, egg and flour  into a large bowel and mixed with a wooden spoon. I added a splash of milk to slightly loosen the mixture. Snap up the bars into individual caramel segments, I used 2 and a half bars but in hindsight I could have used all 3. Add the chocolate to the mix and stir in carefully. 

Using your hands, grab a handful of the mixture and roll into balls and place onto a greased/ grease-proof papered tray. I did 6 per tray and left space between each cookie to allow them to spread as they baked. 

Place into a pre-heated oven of 200 fan oven for 10 minutes. I found it was best to leave them to cool on the baking tray primarily as they are still slightly gooey underneath, once they have set a little move them onto a cooling rack for a further minute then tuck in.  



This mixture made 13 giant cookies. They were so delicious and I have already received an order off of my older Sister who wants a batch delivered to her new Home. 

I will also try using different chocolates and treats in the cookies, I have been requested Cadbury Turkish Delight, Chocolate Orange and Peanut M&M's. 

What else would be a scrumptious filling?  

 

1 comment:

  1. Ah god they look so yummy! xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete