Thursday 18 July 2013

The Reads: July


Every month I practically squeal with delight when the newest issues of my favourite glossies hit the shelves. With each issue comes stacks of styling inspiration and bounds of beauty tips and tricks which I pour over for a solid week then use as some light bedtime reading towards the end of the month to bide time until the next issue lands in my lap. 
I also enjoy my frequent visits to some .coms for even more beauty bulletins and to get my  fix of all things pretty. 

This month I have particularly enjoyed The Beauty Department's 'Cat Eye With A Twist' a fun and simple way to incorporate more colour in your makeup and seeing as ombre is a trend that doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, let's embrace it. You can personalise this look with your own colour theme, with my green eyes, I might try a taupey purple tone. 

ASOS magazine is always a favourite to browse through, though I'm disappointed I no longer receive a real paper copy, boooo, but it's only a quick click away. Their latest issue featured 'Amped Up Tresses' something I've always wanted to but never will try. From washes of lavender to a bold blue, it was a very pretty page to pour over and I really like ASOS' layout. *I must master Photoshop and have a go myself. 
  
Not being a US resident the one thing I regret most, besides never attending an American High School, because how fun did that look? Is that I don't have easy access to allure magazine. A magazine so shamelessly dedicated to makeup and skincare, which puts them miles apart from others in my opinion, I regularly visit their website to see what's up in the beauty world. A recent read that had me whipping out my pen and paper taking notes was '8 Primer Tricks You've Never Heard Before'.
All I can say is 'pass me the primer!' 


What have you been reading this month? 

Rachel xo


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Allure was makeup and skincare! Have to pick one of those up and have a read. I can appreciate fashion magazines but sometimes I'm just not too into it, haha! The Beauty Department is one of my favorite online reads - their imagery and tips are always so helpful!! Great post :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete