Sunday 4 August 2013

Coffee Break





Today the Boy and I made our way into town as I'm after some flowers for my room, peonies to be precise and I'd heard Dunelm Mill had a good selection of fake flowers so was a good place to check out. I love visiting Dunelm Mill, their lovely trinket bits I could fill my bedroom with and very nearly have. 
Upon arriving the rain began to pour and we weren't in a hurry so thought we'd stop for a coffee and make the most of having nothing to do. 
Neither of us actually went for coffee in the end, I had a Coookies & Cream frappe with a slice of Millionaire Shortbread on the side, very sweet and sickly together, I don't know what I was thinking. Aaron had a Toffee Nut frappe and a giant scone with real butter and blackcurrant jam. I had to snap the miniature pot of jam, how sweet. It is reminiscent of something out of Alice in Wonderland.
I left empty handed sadly as there wasn't a peony in sight so my current floral arrangement has lived to see another day in my bedroom.
I had to take my frappe to-go as I just couldn't finish it, but Aaron helped with that on the car journey home, men are so handy for that kind of thing. 

Aaron and I both agreed that spontaneous little outings like this are always the best kind.
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday. What have you done this weekend? 

Rachel xo

1 comment:

  1. LOL, men are rather handy when it comes to not letting food or beverages go to waste! Those drinks and desserts look so tasty. I'm not much of a sweets person but even I have to admit those look tasty! :) I love visiting cafes on rainy days - there's something so relaxing about it :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete