Sunday 1 September 2013

Budget Or Blow It


Assembling your perfect makeup kit will require a little trial and error, some products can be duds and others, worth every penny. So you need to prioritise your beauty items, from the daily essentials where you can skimp on prices to the little unnecessary extras that you sometimes splurge on and vice versa, if you're using something everyday you may want to invest in something really special then reign in your spending for products you know you'll only use a couple of times a month, perhaps like a red lipstick when you don't know how much you're going to wearing a bold lip so you can test the waters with the likes of Barry M and Rimmel. We’re talking where to budget and where to blow it. 


Skincare? Blow it! Your skin is the canvas to all of your makeup and good skin equals a good look. Pamper your skin with a good skincare routine- cleanse, tone and moisturise, you know the drill, ladies. Invest in a night serum to even out your skin tone and add radiance to your skin. I'm partial to a bit (a lot) of  Clarins for all my skincare needs and I find my skin is much happier when I cconcentrate on a good routine.
Think about it this way, if you have good skin, you’ll need less makeup and will save money through buying less cosmetics.

Mascara? Budget! There is no need pay serious bucks for mascara, Boots and Superdrug offer the widest array of mascaras that add length and volume to your lashes. Maybelline is my winner for their huge range of mascaras all for under £10. Yes, YSL do b-e-a-utiful mascaras but they dry out so quickly I've only been able to justify a purchase of their Faux Cils mascara once before, though worryingly I have a hankering for their Babydoll mascara...

Lipstick? Blow it! The high-street does pack a good punch in the lip department but if you’re looking for some serious shine and colour, be a little more generous with your budget and splash out on a YSL lipstick, the luxury packaging and the easiest applying lipstick I’ve ever tried, a personal favourite of mine. 

Blusher? Budget! This one cause divided opinions in my house with my Mum and sister voting 'blow it' but I'm having the final say of 'budget.' Accomplishing that rosy glow needn’t cost you a small fortune. In fact, the likes of Bourjois and Sleek can rival any high-end blusher in my eyes. Admittedly I'm not an expert on blushers, opting for an all over powdering of Bronzer instead for a flush of colour. 

So, do you agree with where I think we should budget and blow it on our spending habits? 
What do you spend the most on in your makeup bag? 

Rachel xo






No comments:

Post a Comment