Wednesday 4 September 2013

Bourjois Mineral Radiance Powder


I'm a matte-fanatic and words like 'dewy' and 'glowy', however appealing they may sound to some, bring me out in a cold, nervous sweat. You see, I'm a little afraid of the shine and I can't help but associate that healthy glow with greasy, oily skin that I try so hard to avoid. Don't get me wrong, when I see a girl rocking a good highlighter, I wholly admire their luminous look, but from afar. 

I thought it was about time I added a little radiance to my makeup kit and so I finally bit the beauty bullet and picked up an illuminating powder in the form of Bourjois Mineral Radiance in the shade 02 Vanilla to test the waters before I plucked for the 'biggies' I've heard so much about,the likes of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Chanel Les Beiges which have a lot of hype around them and had me pondering over the purchase of a radiance powder in the first place. 

I've been using the Bourjois Mineral Radiance powder for the past week and I'm pleased to report, things are going well, my 7am dusting sees me through my work day, with only a slight glow which doesn't leave me reaching for a tissue to blot or running for my ol' faithful Rimell Stay Matte powder. 

This powder has really impressed me and I'm so happy with it as I wanted to like it, I want that glow, I just needed to get over my fears. Maybe I'll pluck for the big daddy and go all out Chanel, but I had to try a little drugstore number first, baby steps people! 

Have you used an illuminating powder? Recommendations? 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment