Thursday 5 September 2013

The Skincare Tag

So I was tagged by Allie over at The Friday Girl to do the skincare tag, skincare is something I happily spend a lot of time and money on so this tag should suit me down to the ground, let's see.. 

Describe your skincare routine in 5 words
Cleanse, tone, serum, moisturise, sleep. 


What’s your skin type?
I'm always obliged to say dry, as I have had notoriously dry skin in my youth, Simple Rich moisturiser was my favourite when I was in my teens. However since I've really taken interest and researched products and found an abundance of things that work for me, I've managed my skin and aside from the odd dry patches that gather around my nose, my skin sits happily in the 'normal' category. 
 
What’s your favourite skincare product?
That's a toughie... I'm currently having a full-blown love affair with Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair, it seems to do pretty everything I want it to post-cleanse and NEED to pick up the new formula. I'm taking a trip to my favourite city, Cardiff, this weekend with my boyfriend for his birthday and I just might pick up a new bottle of the stuff. 

Top Blemish Zapper
When a pesky pimple rudely invites itself to set up camp on my face, I reach for Sudocrem, an oldie but a goodie. I slather it on and I find it to dry out the spot and I don't know if it is anti-bacterial/ anti-septic but it keeps from any bacteria getting into your blemish and making things any worse. I will say though, I tried a teeny-tiny sample of the Origins Spot Remover (the full-size is like an Alice in Wonderland type of bottle so the sample was minuscule) and my spot seemed to disappearar by the next day. Impressive.

Face Wipes, yay or nay?
Nay. Admittedly I did use them when I was younger where my main concerns were shifting my mascara, bronzer and eyeliner (the only 3 things I ever wore in High school) but I took a big interest in skincare from a young age thanks to my big sister and I was soon reaching for Clarins Peach One-Step Water Cleanser. To this day I pack mini sample bottles of cleanser for a one-night sleepover or if I'm taking a trip, no matter how tempting it is to bung in a packet of wipes into my overnight bag. 

Toner, yay or nay?
Yes, always. Continuing with my love for all things Clarins (I talk about them a lot) I of course, like any good blogger, use their Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. I use it daily, which I believe is over their advised amount but I find it gentle enough and it hasn't hurt me. Another toner I like and is cheap and cheerful is Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz, it is instantly refreshing and I dose myself with this liberally on days when I need a pick-me-up  and don't feel guilty as it won't break the bank if my generous spritzes cause me to get through bottles of the stuff. 
 

High-end skincare or high-end makeup?
That's a toughie. I've become quite attached to some of my best skincare picks that I just couldn't say goodbye. I'd have ditch the make-up and stick to the likes of Bourjours, Rimell and Revlon. If my skin is looking good then I'll need less makeup anyway, right?


What’s the most unusual skincare product you’ve tried?
I'm a bif of mixologist and like to use a few skincare bits in conjunction to get the best of all the products and create my own blend for what my skin needs. A few pumps of a facial oil into my evening moisturiser makes for plump and bright skin in the morning. Not so unusual but it is custom made. Altough there is the time I slathered my face in mayonnaise, convinced it would have some sort of benefit. Nope, just mayo. 
 
You’re in a French pharmacy and can only pick up one item – what is it? 
La Roche-Posay Serozinc, an aerosol zinc sulphate solution that helps with skin irritations and smooths out the skin surface. I've read a lot about this and I'd really like to try it, I'm really into little finishing touches like this that treat the skin. I don't think we have anything like this on offer in the UK, if there is please tell me. 
 
Tell us your top skincare tip
Drink water and get enough sleep. Obvious but essential for happy skin. Besides those two, I'd say get a skincare treatment, be it a serum, facial mist or whatever would suit your skin, just that little extra treat that can brighten or smooth your complexion. Adding another product, if picked wisely can add a little oomph that your skin will thank you for. 

There we have it, a peek into my skincare preferences.I love a little Q&A so I tag anybody who wants to write about their own skincare kit. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment