Wednesday 16 October 2013

Our Anniversary, Take Eight.

They say time flies when you're having fun. Well, I can happily report that this is certainly the case for Aaron and I. On Monday we celebrated our eight year anniversary. We met when were in school, ending up going to University together and as they say, the rest is history. 
To mark the occasion Aaron booked a table at a new restaurant that had recently opened in our town. 
We got dressed up and headed to The Orange Tree and sat in the bar when we first arrived for a little wine before the dine

 



I took my new Whsitles clutch out for a spin. 

The decor was lovely and cosy, with ambient lighting. The company wasn't bad either. 



For starters, Aaron had fried Camembert with an onion chutney and I had sweet and sour pork belly. We shared them and I have to say, the cheese won.


Aaron's main was cod with black pudding, pork belly, pea purée and and some fancy potato cake. 


I went for sea bass in a tempura batter with lobster sauce, frites (posh chips) and my own serving of pea purée. 

We had huge wedges of garlic bread on the side- not very wise for a date, but after eight years- I'm hoping he'll still kiss me garlic-breath or not.





To finish off the evening, we skipped dessert and retreated home where I had a giant cookie waiting for us to tuck into.  Being huge Breaking Bad fans, I gave a nod to our obsession in the icing. Top girlfriend points for this, no? 


Rachel xo
  


No comments:

Post a Comment