Tuesday 17 March 2015

Six Skin Highlighters


Here are the two tell-tale signs that Spring is most definitely on its way. One, I dig out all my highlighters and two, I am shaving my legs again. Now let's not dwell on the latter and move swiftly on to brighter things, literally. 

Thanks to a few new additions along the way, I think I've amounted a good stash of dewy glow-givers to see me right the way through to summer. Some I rank higher than others but any of these six skin highlighters get a thumbs up from me. Two of these in the edit are very recent purchases for me. Buying tow highlighters in one week... Yep, spring has sprung.

The Topshop Glow Cream in Polished is an oldie but a goodie. Unique from the rest in formula, this is a cream highlighter and I absolutely love this worn over foundation. It doesn't do that weird patchy thing that always tends to happen to me when I play around with cream blushes. This layers really well and I can go quite heavy with this and I often find myself gettign carried away blotting this here, there and everywhere on my face. There is no colour to this, it doesn't sit in the champagne or golden catrgory and that's why I love it so much, it just gives that 'lit from within' effect which I think is the most universally flattering.


Crème de la Mer The Illuminating Powder is really special and comes in the most luxurious packaging but what's going on inside is equally as impressive. It's a pink highlighter which I like sweeped all over the cheeks. I've even used the brush that comes with this which are usually a bit naff but for £70 I'm happy to report this brush is really good so you could carry this aroudn with you.

I only picked up Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder- Candlelight last week so haven't given it a fair trial but on first swatch I noticed how buttery soft this was and my sister noticed I was wearing it when I dabbed it on quickly on top of my day old makeup as soon as I ripped open the parcel from Cult Beauty. 

My other recent purchase is the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder - Iridescent Gold which I picked up completely on a whim after spotting this in Superdrug. I instantly wanted it because it reminded me so much of the CHANEL Plumes Précieuses highlighter that was in their Christmas 2014 collection which I still regret not buying. (Buyers Remorse is a real thing) I havent even swatched this one yet but for £3 (yes £3!!) I couldn't leave without it. 

Hourglass Ambient Light Powder in Diffused Light is my go-to face powder as I've really come around to a bit of 'shiny face syndrome' so I welcome anything to enhance that glow and have ditched my typical mattefying powder in place of this.

The Nars Highlight & Contour in Olympia doubles up as the names suggests as your contour and highlight. Now I really like the contour but I really like the highlight. The small strip has a yellow undertone and I find this works best to pinpoint the tops of my cheeks and even sweeped under the eyes to brighten and lift my complexion. 

FYI: I use the Charlotte Tilbury Powder and Sculpt brush or my fingers for the Topshop cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment