Thursday 9 April 2015

Moisturisers AM To PM


I will happily throw down some serious cash for a good serum but moisturiser? I can’t commit to anything like I have, say for instance, with Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. My chops can’t get enough of that stuff.

So when I’m on the market for a new moisturiser I am open to suggestions and am always trying out new things. I can only think of one moisturiser I have ever repurchased and that is Origins GinZing but when I come to think of it, I ended up passing on my second pot of the stuff to my Fiancé as he has a serious obsession with it but begrudges spending £23 a pop.
So anyway I’ve tried a lot of moisturisers and I think I’ve settled on two for AM & PM which I’m happy with.

AM- The Superdrug skincare range on a whole has seriously impressed me and I remember three years ago I was seriously into their Hot Cloth Cleanser- I was living in Spain at the time and always bought a back-up in my suitcase when I hopped on a flight to the UK. The moisturiser I’m using is Naturally Radiant Brightening Day Cream from Superdrug. The word ‘brightening’ sold this for me and I think I’d have to agree with its claims. I love the slight herbal smell of this and it has helped in evening out my skin tone and reducing any redness, especially as I’ve had a few nasty occasions when my skin has flared up. The only downside to this, if you could even call it one is it this seems like a bottomless pit of cream and I want to use it up and get on to trying something new as I’m not entirely hooked on this. Suggestions for a day cream please!

PM- I think I read in Sali Hughes’ book Pretty Honest that she likes to go to bed with a thick layer of serum and creams and let them get to work overnight. The Origins High Potency Night-a-Mins is definitely a cream for doing just this. It comes in a light gel formula or a rich cream and I opted for the thick cream with Sali’s logic in mind. I love everything about this, the name (high potency? Yes please!), the texture and how it works. It sinks into my skin and leaves it feeling juicy and plump. I also think this helps with combatting imperfections in my skin tone and I’ve definitely noticed a change in the texture of my skin and those semi-scar marks you get after a bad spot.  




No comments:

Post a Comment