Friday 4 January 2013

2012 Highlights

2012 was a great year and I wanted to share some of the best bits on here. I spent the first six months of 2012 in Spain, as I was living there as a part of my degree, and that alone could top anything I have ever done before, it was the best time of my life, although I may not have always realised it at the time. I was working in two primary schools as an English teacher and only worked Monday to thursday so every weekend was a long one, therfore I was able to travel around Spain and explore with my new friend who I met whilst living there as we were both doing the same thing. 

In February I turned 21 and my family and boyfriend came out to visit me and celebrate my birthday

We took a day trip to Granada. Look at the gorgeous weather, in February people!
 

On my birthday morning we visited the castle and and took many a photo of the city, JaƩn.

Looking pretty pleased with my presents, spot the Mulberry bag, Ding Dong indeed.

In March I travelled to Madrid, the capital of Spain with my close friend, Frankie. It is a gorgeous city and I really want to to again in the future. 

The best ceasar salad, ever. The spanish really do know how to eat.

Obligatory Starbucks, I love how my name is written in the Spanish spelling.

The Metropolis buliding, looking beautiful at night




      Frankie and I at Parque del Buen Retiro, which is the largest park in Madrid and it is blissful, you can rent a little boat and row around the lake, and there is always entertainers doing little shows around the park.  



Tomando copas con las amigas Drinks with friends.

With some of the staff I worked with.

In Seville, I think this is my favourite part of Spain that I have been to. I want to visit here again with my boyfriend, Aaron. 


 I have never had 'Girl's' holiday as since I was 18 I've holidayed with my boyfriend but this Summer my boyfriend was away working in China so in July, me and two of my best friends booked for a week away in the Spanish sun, I was happy about this because I had not longed returned from my year abroad and was itching to get back on Spanish soil and speak the lingo once again, even if for only a week. 
 
 So much love for these ladies

In September my boyfriend turned 23 and for his birthday we took what is fast becoming our annual trip to Cardiff to celebrate. 





  
This is my dog, Madison, she is a cocker spaniel. This is really just to represent Christmas as I didn't take many photos but Christmas is always the highlight of the year isn't it? 

So that is my year summed up in picture form. I am now going to hunt blogger to find any posts similar to this to see what everyone else has been up to. 
Rachel x 

1 comment:

  1. It all looks so amazing, lucky girl

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete