Sunday 20 January 2013

Products I regret buying.



For the amount of time and money I spend in Boots it is certain that I will come across a few things I don't like for one reason or another and I am sharing what I have accumulated over time that doesn't take my fancy. 

L'oreal True Match Mineral - This is perhaps the most annoying thing to have on the list because I have bought this before, decided I didn't like it and gave it to my Mum and she likes it and then I visitied home, sans makeup bag and figured I could just beg and borrow off of my Mum and Sister for the weekend and I reached for this and must have liked it that day because I went out and bought it again to then use a handful of times and not like it. So now it sits in my make-up box, unused and unloved, and this stuff isn't cheap I think it is £14 which for a high street product is on the expensive side. Oh well, lesson learned.

Tresemmé Tousled Wave Spray- I have several different texture creams and sprays so I didn't need this in the first place but I must have picked up a dud bottle because the nozzle doesn't spray is an even dispersed way, it just fires out in a straight line. I have been spraying this into my fingers and rubbing into my hair but it is a sticky mess and not worth the fuss when I have other products I prefer and do the job. 

Real Techniques Powder Brush - I am sure this is an unpopular opinion because I know how successful this range of brushes have been and I have other Real Technique brushes I wouldn't be without now but I aren't keen on this particular brush, it isn't dense enough for me and I bought it when Boots were having their 3 for 2 offer. For powder I love the Eco Tools powder brush so I didn't need this brush in the first place. I have been trying to find a use for it, the other day I tried it with the Chanel Bronze Universel but I still didn't like it. 

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains - I like the colours of both of these and they have good colour pay off but I simply don't reach for them because I hate the mint scent of them and the cooling effect they have on your lips when you apply them.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow- I have this in the shade 'Recess' which I believe is now discontinued, the shade is lovely a very warm beige with a pink tone to it. I don't use this product at all now, and never really did get the chance because I found it dried out so quickly, and I take care of my things and always screwed the lid on tight but it was impossible to get any product onto the brush so I figured I could use my fingers as the warmth would help loosen the product but it all cracked as it was already so dry. Very dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment