Every year it rolls around, prompting women across Britain to take take those extra minutes shaving, applying a little self-tan and maybe taking the stairs at work for a little leg difinition. Ladies, Spring/ Summer is on it's way - albeit 5 minutes fashionably late, and so comes with it the appearence of shorts on our high-street to perfect our pins.
Here is a pick of some of the best I've seen so far.
1. These embroided shorts from ZARA are amazing. You can dress them up for cocktails in the lighter evenings we're having or dress down with a simple tee. Simple but beatiful. More of an investment though at £59.99.
2. City shorts have come back around as tailoring has become more and more popular and found in most shops currently. This pair from River Island are on trend with their tile jacquard print and with the matching blazer available, it is a stylish nod to the power suit. Suit up, look sharp.
3. The 'skort' from ZARA is so lovely versatile as it looks like a skirt from the front but they are actually shorts. I have something similar from last year's collection but in grey. They are also available in black if, like me, you live by the motto 'I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour'.
4. These lime lovelies are from H&M and only £17. The colour and texture are so interesting and would really bring an interesting element to you outfit. Team with a loose white shirt, sunglasses and you're good to go.
5. These shorts from ASOS are stunning. They're high waisted and have a scalloped trim. I could definitely see this at a festival with the folk inspired print, although perhaps they are too gorgeous to grub up.
6. What Summer would be complete without a fantastic pair of denim shorts? A staple piece in any wardrobe. This pair from Topshop are high waisted which are really flattering for any figure and a stretchy denim which makes them more comfortable.
Will you be sporting shorts this Spring/ Summer?