Friday 7 June 2013

Decor: Brush storage



I am in the process of moving back home after living in Coventry and Spain (guess which place I preferred) for the past 4 years as I have been studying for my degree. Degree done, it was time to pack up and finally organise all those bits and pieces that have quite literally travelled around with me, I thought it was time to give them a home. I took a trip to IKEA and picked up the two white pots, they are a much loved addition to many a bedroom I have seen across blogs and I can see why, they are the perfect size for holding brushes, I opted for the medium and larg pot, as you can see, the larger holds my hair brushes. I also picked up the rose gold pot from NEXT for a very affordable £6. 

These sit on my dressing table as I reach for them on a daily basis. 
I hope to soon pick up a nice makeup tray/ box as I have all my makeup stored in a tower unit to the side of my table but I want a smaller holder just for my day-to day makeup items. Muji is calling me... 

I do love these pots as they are the perfect size and they have a beautiful look to them so they function well but don't look like too much clutter. I like the mixture of the soft white decor with the elegance the rose gold adds. I'm thinking of running this theme through my bedroom as I begin to re-decorate, lots of white with notes of warm metallics like the rose gold.

Side note:  I found this picture on ZARA Home and I fell in love, I don't know if I want it all quite neutral including the bed sheets or to have a bit of colour introduced through the bedsheets, like shown here? 



What decor do you like for your bedroom? 

Rachel xo

1 comment:

  1. I use one of the Ikea large pots to hold my most used nail polishes too - i love it! Ikea is my most favourite place to spend the day haha!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete