Monday 10 June 2013

June Beauty Edit





In the past week or so I have acquired some new pieces aswell as being reacquainted with some old faithfuls and I have picked some to share and let you know what has been wetting my whistle, strictly beauty speaking.  

I am all for a good flutter and I achieve my preferred lash look using Ardell's Demi Wispies. I swear by this particular pair and they have been my staple falsies for a good six years now, once tricky to track down, meaning I stocked up on 5 pairs at a time, they are now readily available across Boots, Superdrug and Sallys. They give a natural effect thanks to their shape and gradual extension but they still have a big impact and pack a punch in the volume department. 

 For a pretty nail, think pink! Essie's Madison Ave-Hue is the epitomy of barbie pink, cute and bright with a subtle shimmer to add some glamour. Essie's formula is great and this colour can get away with one coat if you're in a hurry but I would recommend two coats for a perfect finish. 

 Perfume is another weakness of mine and I have been known to collect bottles- still packaged, sitting pretty queueing up along my bookshelf, waiting to be used. The latest bottle to hit my handbag for copious spritzes throughout my day is Nina Ricci's Ricci Ricci. I received this a birthday present back in February and I have only recently began using it. The top notes are Rhubard zest and Bergamot, with Patchouli, Sandalwood and Rose in there too, apparently? It is a sweet and heavy scent with a nice bit of musk thrown in for good measure but it still manages to smell fresh. A very wearable scent that gets a lot of compliments I've found. 

Always one for a new product, I was pleased to see this month's Glamour magazine was offering a Model Co freebie, I plucked for the Fibre Lash Mascara which has a value of £16. The idea is the mascara contains small fibres which you brush on to your lashes while applying the mascara as normal, this builds texture and adds volume to your lashes. The wand is a natural brush which I tend to prefer and the fibres are so delicate they blend right in with your lashes. I found this mascara easy to remove and though I've heard horror stories about the fibres  taking away your natural lashes upon removal due to them clinging, I can report to lash loss and I would recommend this, especially if you can pick up free with a magazine which deserves to be read monthly, freebie or no freebie. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment