Sunday 23 June 2013

New from Batiste


Being a prolific hair-washer and owner of some troublesome tresses, I am always in need of a bit of boost on second-day hair. I used to wash my hair every day as it needed a refresh on a daily basis but knowing the damage it can do and stripping of some essential oils on our scalps, I Iearnt to resist my urge to lather up every morning and so began my love affair with dry shampoo. 

I have used Batiste's range for years and have enjoyed their Tropical scent in particular, back in my blonder days I would welcome the talc tone to my roots but as I neglected my highlights, the white wash that Batiste brings just wasn't cutting it so I went on to ventures new. 

Whilst browsing the aisles of Boots yesterday, I stumbled across some new products by Batiste and they were having a 'buy one get one half price'- it would be rude not to. I initially grabbed the Strength and Shine Dry Shampoo as anything with the word strength in for my hair has my attention and then I did a double take when I saw the word 'conditioner'. A dry conditioner? How? Why? It went straight into my basket and when I awoke this morning it was the first thing on my mind. I applied the Strength and Shine dry shampoo to the roots, as per, then following the instructions on the can, at an arms length away I misted the dry conditioner. It instantly added softness and shine to my hair which dry shampoo typically takes away. 

It's early days for the Batiste Conditioning Mist but it gets my approval- I was worried it might instantly turn my just refreshed hair back into a greasy mess but used lightly it worked a treat. It says it can be used on freshly-washed hair too, to add shine and the Argan Oil will condition the ends. I'll continue my experiment but so far, so good. 

Would you try this new conditioning mist? Do you like Batiste? 

Rachel xo

2 comments:

  1. i like using batiste but only the tropical one because i've never been a fan of their other scents. do these two products have a nice scent to them?

    http://thenattytwo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have an obvious, sweet scent like the Tropical batiste does but it isn't powdery like the original formula, I'd say they're alright and really worth a try! :)

      Delete