Sunday 11 August 2013

Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning


Clarins is perhaps my favourite skincare brand, I'm pretty loyal to a lot of their products, their Hydra-Quench range being an established member of the I Want It All family and my ongoing love affair with their cleansers, toners and serums meant I even surprised myself when I realised I'd never tried any of their tanning products. Bad blogger.

I was on the hunt specifically for a facial tanner and flirted with the idea of the St Tropez facial tanner as I've always used and loved their body tanning range, F.Y.I my Holy grail tanner is St Tropez Dark Mousse, but for some reason the facial tanner didn't appeal to me and so I looked elsewhere. 
Several brands and a good browse of the aisles later, I picked up the Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning. So many things about this particular tanner appealed to me, oh boy it's a good 'un. 

I'm getting a little Shakesperian here, oh let me count the ways; 

The smell- It isn't an offensive fake tan smell like others. It has a whiff off almond in there,  according to my nose anyway which smells delicious.

The colour- The tinted balm gives instant colour which I personally love as it is an indicator as to where you've applied, so you won't end up a patchy, uneven colour. And the slight honey hue it leaves on your skin covers just enough so that if you were feeling brave, you needn't apply any makeup at all. 

The texture- It is says it is smoothing and it does exactly what it says on the tin. The smooth, balmy texture applies so easily and you know you won't have to worry about the colour developing patchy.

Multi-purpose properties- It has a built in primer so this little pot works doubly hard, priming and providing a subtle colour that develops with every use. This is the perfecr base for your makeup and evens out your skin ready for however much or little makeup you have to apply afterwards. 

This 30ml pot costs £18. I am so pleased that I picked this up and it has most definitely  wormed it's way into my daily makeup stash. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment