Wednesday 14 August 2013

Paint Job




''Hi I'm Rachel and I'm a dyeaholic. It has been 8 months since my last foil''. 
And then I caved... 

Hair dye and hair in general is a love/hate of mine and something which consumes too much of my time and attention. I am forever obsessing over not just my own hair but other people's- show me a glossy mane and it will inprint in my mind, I'll be forever striving for equally as swishable hair.
This preoccupation of mine has resulted in many a DIY-dye and I've caused my hair some havoc in the past.
I'm naturally blonde but as I aged and puberty kicked in my hair was looking a little mousey so I relied on the odd highlight to counteract this, and as anyone who has had a foil touch their own follicles once before, you'll know things can only go lighter from there onwards and soon I was a blonde bombshell. 
Tiring of the blonde turned brassy hue I had upon my head I went to the darker side around a year ago but this was short lived as I then hopped on a plane with a one-way ticket to Spain and I was once again platinum blonde, gracias el sol
Ever since my return to Britain I have left my hair to do it's on thing which resulted in a make-shift ombré which I rocked throughout my final year of Uni.

Lately I have been itching to do something with my hair and have had to quite literally sit on my hands at times to stop myself. Well, this past weekend, my urges got the better of me and after my sober state, I hit the bottle. 


The bottle in question? John Freida Precision Foam Colour in Dark Caramel Blonde. This typically retails for £10 at Boots but they had an excellent offer on and I paid a bargain £6 which swayed my decision on the daunting task of choosing a colour among an aisle full of colourful boxes. 
As you can see, with the hefty three pictures of my mop, I didn't end up 'caramel blonde'  per se but I'm pretty happy with the finished look. 

Let's see how long it is until I dip my locks back into dye.. 

Rachel xo




No comments:

Post a Comment