Wednesday 11 September 2013

Hair Prepping


My hair can have a mind of it's own at times, authentic 'bed head' being a big, fat no- no for me as one's 'tousled' look is my tortured. With dry ends and questionable kinks in my mane, my hair needs some support and so I rallied up a few products from my stash and after much deliberation, gruelling testing (i.e. second-day hair worn down and not in my staple top-knot) I found a hair-prepping duo that ticks all the boxes. Softening, thickening and protecting? Tick, tick, tick! 

Redken anti-snap is an all time favourite of mine that I've used for a few years now. I use two good pumps of this and run it through the mid-lengths and ends on damp hair. I find this protects my hair primarily, but also softens it. The texture is light, even on my fine hair and doesn't weigh hair down or make it greasy. Really love this stuff, I'll never be without it.

Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray was Elle magazine's latest freebie which, judging by Instagram, everyone and their mother picked up, and quite rightly so. I'd never tried anything from Bumble and bumble before and I was majorly impressed by this, I debated picking up another copy just for a back-up bottle. 
The thickening spray does exactly what it says on the bottle, it makes your hair big! I spray about 8 pumps through my hair from an arm's length and I like to blowdry my hair upside down until it is nearly dry then go in with a round brush to smooth it out. The spray is undetectable in your hair and it doesn't just make the size of your overall hairstlye look bigger (which is the part I'm less fussed about anyway to be honest) but the feel of the fullness in you hair. 
Props to Bumble and bumble for this sha-mazing hairspray, added to my ever-growing shopping list. 

Rachel xo







No comments:

Post a Comment