Monday 7 October 2013

Shop, Show & Tell.


Roll up, roll up, I have for you a show and tell, cough, cough a.k.a a haul.

Show and tell, a favourite past time of mine, each week at Primary school, I distinctly remember those Friday afternoons where the whole class would each bring in an item of our choice for a 'show and tell' session, I would inevitably sneak a peek at other kids' toys during playtime as I've never been one for surprises and couldn't take the suspense, I had to know just who would bring in a snow globe this week??

I've since substituted Barbie for something all the more plastic and pretty- makeup. I've
been shopping a lot recently so I though I'd share what made it's way into my
basket and past the check-out.

I picked up La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I as had a big, horrible spot that wouldn't budge and needed some serious attention. I rememered Lily from LLYMLRS mentioned something from this line that she swore by for resilient blemishes and I thought this might do the trick. It is a thin cream that you apply directly to the blemish and a quick review of this would be to say that I'm still not sure.. it's alright..

After a frantic Youtube session, it turns out Lily was talking about La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo which I picked up the day after my error in Boots. It is a treatment moisturiser you apply normally, morning and night for pesky, problematic skin. I think this was the product that saved my skin and I love it. 

I've worked my way through 3 Collection Lasting Perfection concealers and though it's still a staple in my make-up kit, I wanted to see what else was on offer and Seventeen's new Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Concealer caught my eye. I've never used a potted concealer before and that was my inital attraction as it's just something different to try and I think it cost around £5. I'm really enjoying this and I'll post a proper review soon. Keep your perfectly concealed eyes peeled for that. 

Chanel Les Beiges. This was an inevitable purchase, ever since it was released I wanted it so much and I couldn't resist any longer. It is b-e-a-utiful. 


Another 'high-end' purchase was Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair which I used in the past and wanted to try their new, sooped up formula. I'm penning a post all about this miracle bottle. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment