Monday 9 December 2013

Cotton Buds


This might top the list 'completely pointless' blog posts but I'm going to mention it anyway. The joys of being your own editor..

I've changed my ways with my makeup removal... Kind of.

For as long as I can remember I've used those extra large, oval cotton pads for the first step in removing my makeup. Liking them for their economic and practical aspects alike, you need two pads tops for all your face and they're the same size (and price) as the little round ones. I also find it oddly humouring that they're  practically the size of my face. (When you're next tired and taking your makeup off, you'll laugh too.) 

But just lately, I got a little bored of using them, because how long can a cotton pad keep your attention? (Answer: longer than you'd expect if like I just mentioned, you're a little sleep deprived) so I went back to those small round pads and I'm pretty pleased that I did. 

I soak two pads in the L'oreal Miceller Water or my new cleanser of choice which I'm currently trying out and I'll write about soon, then pop them on each eye and let it soak for 30 seconds before wiping away. Then I use a third pad lightly all over my face to remove the bulk of my face makeup before I pull out the big guns and use my Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm for a deep clean. And on a sidenote, yes, it really is worth the hype. 

All in all, I'm happy I've switched things up, however small the change. Plus, these smaller, round cotton pads sit so much prettier in their holder on my dresser, and that's what's really important, right?

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment