Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Laziest Base


I've mentioned before that Sunday is my ''no makeup day'' and I entirely revel in this, however sometimes I may want to venture out for a coffee, or more recently; make a quick dash to the shops for a few hours of Christmas shopping. So if I am leaving the house, I don't want to go totally nude-faced and I've recently found a pairing that meets my lazy base needs. 

I had a sample of Benefit's 'Some-kind-a-Gorgeous' compact foundation that had been sitting untouched among my other face bases and looking a little sorry for itself. I picked it up and inspected the colour, a universal Medium, and swatched it on the back of my hand (like any true blogger would) and thought I'd give it a go.

Now for application. Fingers? Sponge? Brush? I fingered through my brushes and landed on the Real Techniques buffing brush, my Holy Grail that has yet to fail me. 
The head of the brush fits perfectly into the pan for a light but even distribution of the foundation onto my brush for an easy-peasy application that takes literally a matter of minutes, just a few dabs into the pan and some swishing and buffing action and you're done. Coincidence? I think not.

I've now got this pair marked in my dairy for their weekly meeting with my face each Sunday and maybe it has crept into the occasional weekday....
This is the laziest I have ever been with my makeup and boy, it feels good, plus those extra 20 mintues in bed are a dream. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment