Thursday 2 January 2014

Hello, 2014

First of all, a very happy New Year to you (and I'll throw in a belated Merry Christmas, too). I haven't been blogging half as much as I wish I have and I'm feeling like a stranger on my own little blog so here's me with some champers on NYE incase you've forgotten what I look like.

Let me talk you through some of the tasks I've set myself for this new year as I have 365 days to play with. 

Photograpy. I just haven't got to grips with it and I have no fancy smanschy camera and my (until recently) job taking up all the hours of sunlight Winter can spare, I'm left with little to work with but my iPad and a candle to set a bit of ambience. I have a multitude of posts sat in draft which I need to accessorise with the right images. I will master some form of photography in 2014. 

Get a job. Fitting in nicely with what I briefly mentioned and the most essential on my list is to get a job, a new job, and hopefully one that I love. My contract in my recent 9-5er ended on the 31st December and though I was offered a 12 month contract there for 2014, it wasn't what I want to do in the long run so I've made the bold and brave (or foolish) decision and I'm off to start a new chapter in my career. Here's hoping I find something soon or I won't be able to indulge in my favourite pastime, shopping, quite how I'm accustom to. On the upside I'll have plenty of time to practice my photography. Every cloud and all that. 

Dip into dye. I have always had an itching to do something fun with my hair and 2014 may be the year that the itch is finally scratched. After the release of BLEACH London in Boots and L'oréal bringing out some pretty pastels, colourful has is much more accesible and accepted and I really want to give it a go. Just typing this is making me a little scared though.. 






Happy, healthy hair. The same as every year, I want to give my hair some real TLC and get it in the best condition it can be. My hair gets to a certain point and then it won't grow so I'm working on that and I've roped in the likes of Ojon and Redken to help me on my way.

Blog, blog, blog. I adore writing and I appreciate if even one person sits down to read what I've got to say over here on my humble abode. I am really going to kick it up a notch this year and I hope my blog gets better and better with the content and ideas I have up my sleeve.

What plans have you got for your year ahead? I'm sure there are a few more things I want out of 2014 but I've covered the basics. 

Rachel xo 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment