Thursday 2 January 2014

Shop, Show & Tell #2


Once again I've been shopping and I've picked up some newbies and some old favourites where my supplies were running low. I'll start with what I'm most excited about and what I think will have a lot of hype around in the coming weeks as I think it's just hit the shops. The Indeed hydraluron moisture boosting mask which I spotted in Boots comes in a pack of 4 and there was no price on the shelf so I skipped to the till and they scanned through at £13 but I've since seen a full display and they're marked at £19 so maybe I got them at introductory price? I've always been intrigued by the hydraluron serum but never picked one up so if I like these masks, I might just have to finally cave at pick up the matching serum. I'll report back with a full review on this as soon as I've settled down for a pamper session.. 

This is my fourth bottle of L'oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution and I'm obviously quite keen on the stuff, it is always on offer somewhere and this time Tesco was where the offer was, at £2.99 a pop I thought about picking up a few but I have another cleanser I'm trialling so I restrained myself. 

I seem to be collecting concealers just recently and I can't stop myself from picking up a new one whenever I'm out. This time it was the Maybelline Eraser concealer in Light which seems like a bit of a gimmick with the twisting device and sponge applicator but the proof is in the pudding and the shade and consistency is lovely and it blends perfectly into the rest of my make-up. And I have to say, the applicator is actually quite good, who knew what is essentially a giant Q tip would work so well? 

I was determined to get my hands on a NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil before the year was out and I did so in the nick of time. I plumped for Dragon Girl and on first application it was love, I'm pretty sure I may have uttered the word 'swoon'. I gave it a good first road test for some drinks out with friends and I'm happy to confirm that it does indeed not budge an inch. I'm already eyeing up Cruella and Red Square next..

I picked up a fresh pair of the Ardell Demi Wispies lashes for the umpteenth time for my NYE celebrations and I've already confessed my love for them. They are perfect for a full flutter of lashes and the winged shape makes for a (somewhat) natural look. 

My Collection 24 Hour pencil liner bit the dust and dried up after it served it's time well in my make-up bag and I thought I'd try something new and Maybelline Precise liner looked like a good 'un. With an ultra fine nib and the familiar pen applicator, it makes that feline flick so easy to acheive. 

Last up is the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask which I picked up after hearing such rave reviews. When I first used this, my inital thought was 'marmalade' it is sweet and sticky and orange which instantly conjures up the thought of my favourite thing to spread on toast. I sat for 10 mintues and let it do it's thang then I hot clothed it off and admittedly m skin was feeling super soft but I didn't notice a huge difference in radiance. My complexion does seem nice for want of a better word but it isn't quite as 'bright' as I'd have liked- maybe I'm after too much? I'll keep using this and I'm sure I'll have that eureka moment as everyone seems to bang on about this mask. 

Rachel xo 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment