Monday 6 January 2014

Post Christmas Haul


So Christmas has been and gone and we've all been spoiling our loved ones rather than ourselves like we have the other 11 months of the year. I for one have resisted on a few occasions to treat myself but I've waited until now to do so, so I'm not completely broke. Not quite yet.

A few things are the basics which always need topping up but the odd treat may have slipped into the basket and made their way home with me. First up are some cotton buds which I always have to have a supply of in my makeup kit. I use them everyday for tidying up around my eyes where I too often have a mascara mishap. Cheap and cheerful from Superdrug, I decant these into a pot on my dressing table. 

Another absolute necessity is Elle magazine, something I wouldn't normally feature in a haul as I pick this up every month regardless, but then I did buy it so technically... And look at that cover this month, so 'Spring-ful'. 

I am after the perfect makeup bag and I've yet to find something just right, though and second Whistles pouch might satisfy my needs, I found this little zip pouch in Topshop and I had to have it. The colour, the soft (faux) leather, the gold detail, and it was only £5. I've been using this for carrying around a minimal amount of makeup as it doesn't fit much in but I can squeeze in a lipstick, concealer, pressed powder and my Real Techniques stippling brush which is enough to keep me going throughout the day or for any touch-ups. 

Running with the theme of makeup, I picked up some new beauty bits beginning with the No7 eyelash curlers. I had a voucher that always seems to be floating around in boots for £3 off any No7 makeup so these worked out as £4.50, ridiculously cheap and before I commit myself to the Shu Uemura eyelash curles, I thought I'd road test these as I haven't curled my lashes in years and I've forgotten what all the fuss is about.

Le Volum de CHANEL mascara was an impulse purchase with my sister who picked one up too and I am so glad I did. At £24 this mascara was a bit of an indulgence but it is so worth it. The consistency is just right, not too wet, not too dry, (I'm looking at you YSL) and the brush coats every last lash in CHANEL goodness.

Nails Inc Gel Effect Polish in Porchester Square is my new favourite thing and it hasn't left my nails since I bought it, ok it's been 4 days but I really like it. I've got the normal Nails Inc polish in this colour and it's always been a top 5 favourite of mine but this gel formula has knocked off the former from it's spot. It is a high shine finish and I'm still chip free so things are lookin' good. 

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in shade 4. Ahhhh, the sound of Angels is what you should be hearing now. I got a generous sample of this a while back and really got to like it with using it myself at home and I knew I had to get it. Up until Armani, I was happily using YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation in b50, I am still going to use this but its now too dark for me (was I tanned in September when I bought this as it matched me then??) so I'll keep it to one side for when I'm fake tanning or I've caught a bit of sun- not likely! 
This foundation is utterly lovely and I'll write more about it soon. 

Zara rules my handbag stash and quite rightly so. They offer the best for what reasonable prices they charge. My latest addition is this cream flap bag which I scored in the sale from £79.99 to £29.99, a price I couldn't pass up on. This is the perfect size for an everyday bag and after typing this up it is 'moving day' for my new bag and I'll stock it up with all my necessities for when I'm out and about. 

Any shopping of mine wouldn't be complete without a little fabric and this comes in the form of the Topshop poppy dress. I ordered this online and I'm still a little unsure on this one. It seems to come up on an odd length on me, just a smidge too long but I think I'm going to have a trying on session again as I know how I'd wear this and it would see me though Spring or I could wear it now with the addition of tights (and boots, and a scarf.. brrr). 

Rachel xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment