Friday 24 January 2014

Wishlist #4

Wishlist #4

If you know me or you're familiar with my 'wishlists', you'll know I don't do things by halves. I'm unashamedly greedy (hence the name of my blog) and I am forever hunting for my next spend. I have a list as long as my arm on things I'd like but perhaps don't need. Here's the latest lot to have me pondering how many rations of beans on toast I can suffer to slip in a bit of shopping this month. 

Topshop Glow highlighter in Polished. The RMS Living Luminizer is pretty intriguing I have to admit but £30 for a teeny pot, I'm taking my chances with Topshop's offering to ease me into upping my glow before I commit to the big spend. 

Keeping in the glow theme, Dior Glow Maximzer primer has been swatched several times in Debenhams since it's recent launch. I've tested it on the back of my hand and done the whole 'twisting of the wrist' action to see it glimmer and catch the light, and boy it's pretty. I don't know how it would work under foundation, maybe I'd apply it just to the parts of my face that I want the light to reflect and give me that glow or just slap it on all over and embrace the disco ball look. There's only one way to find out.. 

You know my love for a good strong brow and I'm always up for perfecting my arch so the launch of Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade is music to my ears. The waterproof formula is what I'm interested in mostly as I am guilty of touching my face too much resulting in smudged and wonky brows, not a good look. This seems like such an obvious requirement for eyebrow colour so well done, Anastasia. Now all I need is an extensive Google 'sesh to find my shade. They all seem a tad warm in tone and though I'm blonde I like a dark and cool tone for my bushy brows. Here's hoping Google has my answer. 

After I ventured into the phenomenon that is Hydraluron with their face mask I've finally caved and have now decided that I need to have the serum. Gah, peer pressure for you eh? 

The Maxfactor False Lash Effect mascara seems to be popping up all over the place at the moment. It's quite a cult mascara that I've used tubes and tubes of myself in the past and it's caught my attention again just recently. My current mascara is CHANEL Le Volume and it is fab-u-lous so when that bites the dust, Maxfactor will be my next stop. Who knows, maybe I'll rekindle my love for it. 

The funny looking contraption is the Sarah Chapman Facialift massager-thingy which I have been having a go of (and the boy, too) everytime I'm in Space NK. We really like it and I really want this. Great for an at-home facial as this supposedly mimics the tapping and knuckling effect of a professional facial that brightens, tightens and reduces puffiness. 

Clarins is my favourite skincare brand, hands down and so when I saw the launch of their new Extra Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream it was a no brainer really. Top of my wishlist it goes. 

I'm almost exclusively wearing heels just recently and while I'm quite thrilled by this as I feel like a 'proper' grown up tottering around, my feet are quite upset with me and at the weekend my heeled ankle boots just aren't cutting it so I'm on the market for some sophisticated flats. Zara is my port of call and after a quick perusal online, I spotted these. The £59.99 price tag is tough to swallow but now I've seen them, the damage can't be undone. *virtually nabs them* Mine! 

Last up is sadly just a wish on the list. Celine sunglasses are my most coveted item but alas, I don't have the spare sterling laying around for such a purchase. Come on Zara, make a copy and stat, this low sun is getting unbearable. 

A very beauty-centric wishlist I'd say. I've not lost the fashion bug, I've just been doing a fair bit of clothes shopping lately so there isn't much else I want (who am I kidding? Of course there is) so I'll have a haul for you soon. Oh and I may have picked up a thing or two from my wishlist already. Just sayin'. 

Rachel xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment