Thursday 24 April 2014

Getting Back To MAC


MAC has never been a favoruite makeup brand of mine, not that I dislike anything about it but it was never really on my radar and I was always sidetracked by my first real love for a makeup brand, YSL and so I missed the boat with the MAC hype, though has that ship ever really sailed?

Well years on and only having made a slight venture into MAC through my own curiosity; with a Viva Glam Gaga lipstick and an eyeshadow quad in my arsenal I wanted to expand on my 'collection' and so I've made steps in sampling more of what they have to offer. 

I picked up 2 things based purely on their huge online presence, and the cute name helped sway me on the lippie purchase. 

The 217 eyeshadow brush is hailed as the one brush you should have in your kit if you're building one from scratch; and I would have to agree. The shape makes for effortless application and it's true what they say; let the brush do the work for you. One quick swish and voila! You have yourself a smokey eye in 3 seconds flat.

The lipstick in the shade 'Peach Blossom' has completely taken me by surprise, I knew it would be a pretty shade but woah, this hasn't left my lips since I bought it. The perfect hint of peachy pink to amplify your natural lips. I have definetely justified the £15 price tag, ouch. 

So I get it, MAC is pretty darn good eh? What should be next on my MAC shopping list? 

Rachel xo 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Peach Blossom, such a gorgeous shade. I bought it last summer and wore it everyday for about three months! haha

    http://elliepats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete