Thursday 24 April 2014

Nailling a Bargain


One thing that I always like to pick up on a whim is nail polishes. They're a cheap thrill when you need your shopping fix and I've racked up quite the collection. So much so that I've put a stop on my spending for nails and told myself that I do not need any more colour (we'll see how long this lasts). 

Treatments though? That I do allow myself to buy. When I spotted these I had to pick them up as they were cheap, really cheap and I've always fancied their expensive versions (Bourjours and Seche Vite) and never got round to buying them.

The Nail Polish Remover Twist Pot is from Primark and was £1, one single pound! The smell isn't the greatest admittedly but it's no different than any other nail polish remover I use. My one complaint is this doesnt get the very corners of the nails and left the smallest amount of polish which I had to remove with a quick swipe of a soaked cotton pad. This is quick and easy for on the go and does most of the hard work for you so it is definitely worh the £1. 

Next up was something I spotted in Superdrug and it straight away caught my eye and I swifly made my way to the till. There was a 'buy one get one half price' on all Bourjois so this Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops cost me £3, bargain! The pipette design is genuis and makes for the speediest of applications with one drop per nail and you're safe to go to the loo or scratch your nose instantly after painting your nails, because don't you always get that urge with freshly painted nails? 

I did notice a fair bit of chipping the day after my new paint job so I don't know how well it holds up against chips but I switch up my polish ever 2/3ish days anyway so it's not a major flaw for me. 

Well on my way to having a DIY mani, and it cost me all of £4. Pat on the back for me.

Rachel xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment