Thursday 24 April 2014

Topshop Gives Good Glow


This is somewhat of a beauty revolution to me as I have always actively avoided any product with the words 'illuminate', 'dewy' or 'glow' in them for fear of looking like a human disco
ball. And yet, slowly I have upped the glow factor in my face and have reached a full on sheen factor. 

I've conquered illuminating powders and welcomed a sheer base for that dewy finish. This has all gone down fine but now I'm actually putting an additional 'glow enhancer' on my face, on top of my already dewy skin? Hold the phone.

This was a whole new territory for me and I was a little worried to try it out myself so I took precautions and played it safe with a bargain buy in the form of  Topshop's cream highlighter in 'Glow' to fully test the waters before we're talking RMS beauty terms.

This is a beautiful highlighter and very easy to work with. I use it after I've applied my foundation and apply it to the tops of my cheekbones, the cupid's bow and under my brows. I have now been using this for around a month and I've got a lot braver and have been known to apply it all over my face (avoid the nose though, trust me- hello pores) in the thinnest layer and partnered with a medium coverage foundation, typically Georgio Armani Luminous Silk (I wear shade 4) to counteract a little of that glow and the result is so-so. I'm still working on it and I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday look but it does give a beautiful sheen.


I'm happy I picked this up and I must have liked it enough to convince myself I can handle the glow, that I dropped the big bucks for another 'glow-giving' product that has top drawer status in my Muji set up. 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment