Wednesday 3 December 2014

#FOTN



A few weekends ago Aaron and I visited London and among a million other activities we managed to squeeze into our 3 day trip we went to see a jazz show which was even better than I anticipated and then we went to Hawksmoor for a steak dinner. With a good night ahead of me I stepped up my makeup game and pulled out some fool-proof products along with a new product I’d picked up earlier that day.

A running theme in this look? They’re all (but one) products that I reach for on a daily basis that I know will work but are also really special products that I wouldn’t consider to be ‘basic’ even though I use them all the time. Oh, and the packaging. They're all spot on! 

CHANEL Le Volume Mascara – I think this is the perfect mascara. It has just the right balance of wet and dry. It is dry in that good way mascaras go once you’ve used it for a few weeks but it still has enough gloopiness to it to give a good thick coat of black to your lashes. This really does add volume too as my lashes are a bit sparse at the moment but with this mascara I don’t feel the need for falsies for a night out. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light- I got this as a gift last Christmas and I have used it so much and have yet to hit pan on it. It is so finely milled that it glides on the skin where you hardly notice it. I like that it leaves a little bit of your skin to shine underneath so you don’t look cakey.

By Terry Blackstar Eye Shadow in Rose Quartz- This was the product I picked up only hours before in London that day. Space NK sucked me in and I wasn’t leaving empty handed. I was a bit apprehensive and definitely bought this because of all the hype around them. I plumped for Rose Quartz as I’m quite lazy when it comes to lids so I knew picking up a rich brown tone would be redundant so this sort of sits in the neutral crew. I haven’t worn this much since my trip as I work in the week and as aforementioned, I’m lazy, but I will get this out over Christmas.

Dior Lip Glow – I wear this every darned day! I love it. It couldn’t be easier to wear and I slick this on ten times a day without thinking about it. I’m either an all or nothing girl with my lips and I’m either wearing a bold NARS velvet lip pencil or this. Go and buy this. Go and buy this now!


Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – An oldie and a goodie. This is in my top 3 foundations and one that I reach for for nights out where I know I’ll be photographed or for those days where I don’t know what to reach for and can’t be arsed to sit debating over two bottles. A good, buildable coverage that I would recommend anyone try. In fact, go and pick up a sample from an Armani counter, they’re one of the few counters which are neither snobby or intimidating- I’m looking at you CHANEL. I wear shade 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment